1st Southwater Sea Scouts was established in 1992 and is one of the most inland Sea Scout groups in the UK. Our summer activity program is naturally water based and with Southwater Lake on our doorstep we are able to provide training in Canoeing, Kayaking and Rafting in a safe and enjoyable environment.
We also take part in the traditional scouting activities, including climbing, caving, pioneering, bush cooking etc, we also aim to have three camps a year and take part in the two rings hike and Mad March Hare hike.
The group has strong membership in all sections of the Scout Movement, from Beaver Scouts, Cubs and Scouts.
- Beaver Scout Colony (6-8 year olds) – Friday 18:15 – 19:15
- Cub Scout Pack (8-10½ year olds) – Thursday 18:30 – 20:00
- Scout Troop (10½ – 14 year olds) – Friday 19:00 – 21:00
1st Southwater meet at two locations:
- Southwater Infant Academy,
- Southwater Junior Academy,