1st Southwater (Sea Scouts) Group
1st Southwater Sea Scouts was established in 1992 and is one of the most inland Sea Scout groups in the UK. Our summer activity program is naturally water based and with Southwater Lake on our doorstep we are able to provide training in Canoeing, Kayaking and Rafting in a safe and enjoyable environment.
We also take part in the traditional scouting activities, including climbing, caving, pioneering, bush cooking etc, we also aim to have three camps a year and take part in the two rings hike and Mad March Hare hike.
The group has strong membership in all sections of the Scout Movement, from Beaver Scouts, Cubs and Scouts and we feed into the district Orion Explorer unit.
- Group Scout Leader: Jo Middleton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Group Scout Leader: Vacant
- Group Chairperson: Erika Norfolk – email@example.com
- Group Secretary (including wait list enquiries): Amie Dickson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Treasurer: Claire Flynn – email@example.com
- Beaver Leader: Brian Beacher – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Times: Friday 6.15pm – 7.15pm
- Cub Leader: Mark Bird – email@example.com
- Meeting Times: Thursday – 6.30pm – 8.00pm
- Scout Leader: Paul Day – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Times: Friday 7pm – 9pm